Why Buy Travel Insurance?
Why should a traveler buy travel insurance? There are as many reasons as there are destinations. However, the most important reasons usually fall into these categories:
- Covering emergency or pre-existing medical expenses for you or a loved one, here and abroad.
- Getting you back home if you need medical treatment.
- Covering trip cancellation, if the weather turns bad, you’re called for jury duty or your National Guard unit is deployed.
- Covering auto accidents you might have if you’re traveling.
- Helping you if you have to cut your trip short.
- Protecting your flights.
- Covering your luggage, if it’s lost, damaged, or stolen.
- Getting you back on the road fast.
Good Travel Protection is Essential!!!
In addition to the reasons noted above, Travel insurance can help protect you in these and many other situations:
- Bad weather keeps you from reaching your destination – or even leaving on your trip in the first place
- You lose your job or are called into military service
- You’re injured in an accident
- A family member gets sick – even if they’re not supposed to go on the trip with you
- Your hotel burns or is flooded
- You lose your passport and all your important travel documents
- The airline loses your luggage
Ask your Gallivant Travels Travel Consultant about travel insurance. Your Travel Consultant can match you up with the Berkshire Hathaway Travel (BHTP) Protection plan that’s right for you. Customer satisfaction is Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection’s No. 1 goal.
**Important Note about Pre-Existing Medical Conditions**
If you buy ExactCare within 15 days of your initial trip deposit, and if the amount of coverage you buy equals the value of all prepaid, nonrefundable payments or deposits, BHTP will waive the pre-existing medical condition exclusion, and will cover pre-existing medical conditions up to the policy’s limit.
Coverage may vary by state.